Friday, November 28, 2008

My Country is up in flames.

Yes, this has probably become old news by now. But these three days saw the biggest metro of my country held to ransom by 25 20-22 year old boys. Yes. Boys. They were armed with hand grenades and AK 47's and Major Landmarks in Mumbai were controlled by them. Mumbai police lost many brave men. NSG lost theirs. Innocent Civilians are dead. 

I am angry and I feel helpless. I sit here watch my country go up in flames and I can not do a thing about it. How does a religion create such fanatics? What kind of faith/belief system do they have? Why are they killing their own youngsters? What do they want from the rest of us? Why are we afraid to go out and face these bastards and wipe them out forever? As much as I want to be fair to these people, every single dastardly act of these terrorists makes me want to lash out. 

This has increased my resolve to stand by my country. This has given me a reason to be alive and fight. I know that I can not fix the world on my own. But, I am going to try. 

I pray that all victims find peace. I pray that my country heals. God Bless India. 

-K


3 comments:

humanobserver said...

Truly a sad incident for the whole country.....

Anonymous said...

Glad you started writing .. truley the incident was shocking ...and your words have grown more arrogant..from those sweet wispers...dont fix anything ,stay sweet, hope ur fine dear ....missing yea

Anonymous said...

The Mumbai terror attacks have evoked emotional reactions because they challenged our self-esteem and sovereignty. We need to review our security ecosystem because sea entry gives the attack connotations of an invasion that many countries have gone to war for.But India must have policy responses at two different levels, because the short-term challenge is driven by external factors (the global terror network, India’s changed perception and Pakistan) while the long-term challenge is driven by internal factors (a sense of national Muslim grievance, inequality of opportunity and weak participation in India’s growth for India’s poor).A long overdue revamp of our security ecosystem (unified border control, intelligence gathering, detention laws, innovative prevention, effective disaster response capabilities, specialized police training and weaponry) must address the frustration of policemen with a judiciary often incapable of prosecution. The long-term solution is different, as this attack couldn’t have happened without local support. This support needs to be smashed, but we must acknowledge a sense of alienation among some Indians.
.....Thats my comments again missing yea.. sweet wispers